Register on the e-Filing Portal: For External Agency
Step 1: Go to the e-Filing portal homepage, click Register.
Step 2: Click Others and select Category as External Agency and click Continue.
Step 3: Enter all the mandatory details including Agency Type, TAN / PAN of the Organization, Organization Name and DOI on the Basic Details page and click Continue.
Step 4: Enter the required details including primary Mobile Number, email ID and postal address on the Principal Contact Details page and click Continue.
Step 5: Two separate OTPs are sent to the primary mobile number and email ID entered in Step 4. Enter the separate 6-digit OTPs received on your mobile number and email ID, and click Continue.
- OTP will be valid for 15 minutes only
- You will have 3 attempts to enter the correct OTP
- The OTP expiry countdown timer on screen tells you when the OTP will expire
- On clicking Resend OTP a new OTP will be generated and sent
Step 6: Attach a scanned copy of the signed requisition letter and click Continue.
- The maximum size of a single attachment should be 5 MB.
- If you have multiple documents to upload, put them together in a zipped folder and upload the folder. The maximum size of all attachments in a zipped folder should be 50 MB.
Step 7: On Verify Details page, edit the details in the page if required. Validate the details provided in the page and click Confirm.
Step 8: On the Set Password page, enter your desired password in both the Set Password and Confirm Password textbox, set your personalized message and click Register.
Do not click Refresh or Back.
While entering your new password, be careful of the password policy:
- It should be at least 8 characters and at most 14 characters
- It should include both uppercase and lowercase letters
- It should contain a number
- It should have a special character (e.g. @#$%)
Step 9: Upon approval from DGIT (Systems), you will receive an email containing the user ID on your primary email ID registered on the e-Filing Portal. You will be able to login to the e-Filing portal with the user ID received and password set by you during registration.