1. How will I know if my profile has been updated on the e-Filing portal?
If any information is updated on your profile, you will receive an email on the primary email ID registered with the e-Filing portal.
2. I am an NRI and I don't have an India number. How will I receive the OTP to verify my contact details?
You will receive the OTP on the email ID registered with the e-Filing portal.
3. Is it mandatory to update profile?
No, it is not mandatory to update your profile on the e-Filing portal. However, it is recommended to keep your profile updated to get enhanced user experience (including pre-filling) as well as receiving timely communications from the Income Tax Department.
4. What is the benefit for updating profile?
The profile details updated by you, will enable the ITD to communicate with you timely, if needed. It will also provide an input for pre-filling the different forms and ITRs applicable to you on the e-Filing portal.
5. What are the details that I can modify / update through my profile?
Through your profile you can update or modify the following:
- Source of Income details
- Bank Account and Demat Account details
- Register DSC
- Contact details (through OTP authentication), Key Persons Details
- If you are logged in as a taxpayer - You can edit your basic profile details such as Residential Status and Passport Number; contact details such as primary and secondary mobile number, email ID and address.
- If you are logged in as ERI - You can edit your basic profile details such as Type of External Agency, Type of Services, PAN of Organization, TAN of organization; contact details; manage certificates, update principal contact details, add or remove ERI, change ERI type.
- If you are logged in External Agency - You can update contact details, manage certificates, add or remove key persons and add or remove services.
- If you are logged in TIN 2.0 stakeholder - You can update contact details, manage certificates and update or add new technical SPOC details.
6. Can I receive communication from ITD on both primary and secondary contacts as per my profile?
Yes, you can receive communication from ITD on both primary and secondary contact details added on your e-Filing profile.
7. How do I know how much of my profile is updated / complete?
You can refer to profile completion percentage bar on your profile page to view profile completion status. This will be available to all registered users except for the following user types:
- External Agencies
- TIN 2.0 Stakeholders
- Tax Deductor & Collector
8. How will I know whether my DSC is registered?
You can go to your profile and click Register DSC to view the status. For CA / Company / ERI, if DSC for the PAN / Principal Contact is not registered or expired, a message stating the same will be displayed in the profile post login. Additionally, you can refer to the Register DSC user manual to learn more.