1. What is refund reissue request?
If you have received an intimation from Income Tax Department or Refund Banker (SBI) that the processing of refund has failed, you can submit a Refund Reissue Request on the e-Filing portal. With refund reissue request service, taxpayer can raise request in e-Filing portal for re-issuance of refund.
2. How can I keep away from delay in submission of ITR-V?
You need to verify your Income Tax Returns within 120 days / 30 of filing. You can verify your returns by:
- You can e-Verify your return using e-Filing OTP / Aadhaar OTP / Bank Account EVC / Demat Account EVC / Net-banking / Digital Signature Certificate; or
- Sending a physical copy of duly signed ITR-V to CPC, Bengaluru
Please note vide Notification No. 5/2022 dated 29.07.2022, w.e.f. 01/08/2022 the time-limit for e-verification or submission of ITR-V shall be 30 days from the date of filing the return of income.
However, where the return is filed on or before 31.07.2022 the earlier time limit of 120 days would continue to apply.
3. How will I know if my service requests have been approved?
You can see the status of the service requests in your dashboard. Navigate to the particular record where you can view the status of the approval.
4. What can be the reasons for refund failure?
Failure of credit of refund can be due to one or more reasons as listed below:
- Incorrect Bank Details (Account no, MICR Code, IFSC Code, Name mismatch etc.)
- Account holder KYC is pending
- Account details given are other than Current Account or Saving Bank Account
- Account Description is incorrect
5. What is the effect of not verifying ITR within 120 / 30 days on my ITR uploaded on e-Filing portal?
If you do not verify in time, your return is treated as not filed and it will attract all the consequences of not filing ITR under the Income Tax Act, 1961. However, you may request condonation of delay in verification by giving appropriate reason. Only after submission of such request, you will be able to verify your return. However, the return will be treated valid only if the condonation request has been approved by the competent Income Tax Authority.
6. What is condonation of delay? If condonation is granted, what will be the follow up action on my part?
Condonation of delay is the process of requesting the Income Tax Department for allowing you to verify your ITR (after 120 days of filing your ITR) or submit your ITR (after the last date of filing) by citing the reasons of delay on your part.
The ITR will be treated valid and processed by Income Tax Department only once the condonation request has been approved by the competent Income Tax Authority.
7. Can anyone else submit request for condonation of delay / raise refund reissue request on my behalf?
Authorized signatory / Representative assessee / ERIs can submit requests for condonation of delay / raise a refund reissue request on behalf of the assessee.
8. Are there any restrictions for the files to be uploaded on the portal?
A maximum of 5 files can be uploaded. Additionally, the size for each file should not exceed a limit of 5MB.
9. Can ERIs raise a request for condonation of delay / raise refund reissue request?
Yes. ERIs can raise a request for condonation of delay / raise refund reissue request.
10. Can I raise a refund reissue request if my Bank Account is not pre-validated?
No. You can only proceed if your selected Bank Account is pre-validated.
If your selected Bank Account is not Validated, you can pre-validate the Bank Account online through the e-Filing portal. Go to My Bank Account User Manual to learn more.
Alternatively, you can validate it offline through the ECS mandate Form. Follow the steps below to validate your Bank Account offline:
- Download ECS mandate form.
- Take print out of the form and fill the necessary details.
- Get the form signed with bank seal from official Bank.
- Upload the scanned copy of signed form.
11. Is it certain that my condonation request will be accepted?
It is not certain that your request for condonation of delay will be approved. The ITR will be treated as invalid till the request is approved. Condonation of delay is at the discretion of the competent Income Tax Authority.
12. Is there a time limit to file condonation request?
As per the directions from CBDT vide Circular No. 9/2015 dt. 9-6-2015, no condonation request will be entertained beyond six years from the end of assessment year for which the request is raised. It should be noted that delays related to only genuine hardships are considered for approving any request for condonation of delay.