Do not have an account?
Already have an account?

1. What is Form 10E?
In case of receipt in arrears or advance of any sum in the nature of salary, relief u/s 89 can be claimed. In order to claim such relief, the assessee has to file Form 10E. The Form must be filed before filing the Return of Income.

2. Do I need to download and submit Form 10E?
No, there is no need to download Form 10E as the submission can be done online after log in to e-Filing portal.

3. When should I file Form 10E?
Form 10E has to be filed before filing your Income Tax Return.

4. Is Form 10E mandatory to file?
Yes, it is mandatory to file Form 10E if you want to claim a tax relief on your arrear / advance income.

5. What will happen if I fail to file Form 10E but claim relief u/s 89 in my ITR?
If you fail to Form 10E but claim relief u/s 89 in your ITR, your ITR will be processed but the relief claimed u/s 89 will not be allowed.

6. How do I know that ITD has disallowed the relief claimed by me in my ITR?
In case the relief claimed by you u/s 89 is disallowed, the same shall be communicated by the ITD through an intimation u/s 143(1) after the processing your ITR is complete.