The ITR Status service is available (pre-login and post-login) to the following registered users:
- All taxpayers for ITRs filed against their PAN
- Authorized Signatory, ERI, and Representative Assessee for ITRs filed by them in such a role
This service allows the above users to view the details of ITRs filed:
- View and download the ITR-V Acknowledgement, uploaded JSON (from the offline utility), complete ITR form in PDF, and intimation order
- View the return(s) pending for verification
2. Prerequisites for availing this service
- At least one ITR filed on the e-Filing portal with valid acknowledgement number
- Valid mobile number for OTP
- Registered user on the e-Filing portal with valid user ID and password
- At least one ITR filed on the e-Filing portal
3. Process/Step-by-Step Guide
3.1 ITR Status (Pre-Login)
Step 1: Go to the e-Filing portal homepage.
Step 2: Click Income Tax Return (ITR) Status.
Step 3: On the Income Tax Return (ITR) Status page, enter your acknowledgement number and a valid mobile number and click Continue.
Step 4: Enter the 6-digit OTP received on your mobile number entered in Step 3 and click Submit.
- OTP will be valid for 15 minutes only.
- You have 3 attempts to enter the correct OTP.
- The OTP expiry countdown timer on screen tells you when the OTP will expire.
- On clicking Resend OTP, a new OTP will be generated and sent.
On successful validation, you will be able to view the ITR status.
3.2 ITR Status (Post-Login)
Step 1: Log in to the e-Filing portal using your valid user ID and password.
Step 2: Click e-File > Income Tax Returns > View Filed Returns.
Step 3: On the View Filed Returns page, you will be able to view all the returns filed by you. You will be able to download the ITR-V Acknowledgement, uploaded JSON (from the offline utility), complete ITR form in PDF, and intimation order (by using the options on the right-hand side).
- Click Filter to view your filed returns based on different criteria (AY or Filing Type).
- Click Export to Excel to export your returns data to excel format.
- Click View Details to view the life cycle of the return and action items related to it (e.g., returns pending for e-Verification).